Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
This project aims at improving access to safe drinking water and promoting good health through improved hygiene practices.
- Extension of a water pipeline
- Household Water harvesting using plastic tanks (Drinking water)
- Construction of water pans for harvesting (for farm activities)
- Community sensitization on safe water handling
Sanitation and Hygiene
- Community sensitization on community-led total sanitation (CLTS) approach
- School health programs (Child hygiene and sanitation transformation – CHAST methodology)
- Community sensitization on Basic Hygiene practices through community outreaches
- Supporting action and dialogue days by CHVs
Community Health Strategy: Livelihoods (Value chains)
This project aims at improving production, food security and income. Our value chains include;- Green grams, Milk and Pasture commercialization.
- Training farmers on good farming practices to improve production
- Post-harvest handling
- Value addition
Implementation strategy: Farmer Field Schools (FFS) approach
Orphaned and Vulnerable Children project (CASE-OVC) – Supported by USAID
The project came to be in July 2014 as a result of the gaps identified through the Kitise HIV& AIDS Community project. It covers parts of Makueni and Kathonzweni sub-counties. The Project’s goal is to ensure that children affected by HIV/AIDS are resilient and thriving within their households and communities as well as improving the welfare and protection of children affected by HIV/AIDs. To achieve this, CASE-OVC aims at;-
- Improving the health and social status of OVC and their families
- Enhancing economic resilience, care-giving and protection capacity of OVC households
- Strengthening formal and informal protection systems improving their responsiveness, inclusiveness and accountability to the OVC, their households/caregivers, and their needs.